Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thank you.


"I always wished I was 100 percent gay for so many reasons. Number one, that means I would know who I was. Number two, it would be so much easier for me to be accepted by people. But I'm not. I'm not completely gay. But I also can't sit here and say that I'm completely straight." 

"I'm not that. I don't know who I am."

"Alot of people are on a sexual spectrum. Everybody's on a spectrum, and you don't need a label. You don't need to figure out exactly who you are right now." 

I cannot emphasize how important this is. 

All we do is hide. We hide ourselves from people's judgement. We hide our true selves because we're afraid that no one will see us the same way if we "bare our souls". 

Ten years in a girls school has made me so so open to the lgbt cause. I'm always stuck in the 'in-between'; believing in what the world says is right, and believing what I feel is right.
I'm saying that I believe strongly in loving whoever you want to love. Regardless. 

Everyone's born differently; into a different culture, into a different stigma. 

There are times where I ask myself why I'm not like someone else, and we start the comparison game.

But people have to know.

It.doesn't.matter.

You can be whoever the f you want to be.
And no other person should have to give two shits about who you are.

Give an open mind to the people around you if they're afraid to really say what they want to say. Hug them, tell them that you're there and that you're supporting what they believe in. This is bigger than just "dating" or "loving someone". It could save a life if you just understand what a person is going through. 

Be the change you want to see in the world. 

Make a difference. It starts with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment