Sunday, July 12, 2015

Shinefest 2015 (Not sponsored)

Hello strangers,

It's past midnight, and this marks the end of the amazing three day Shine Youth Festival i.e. Shinefest that happened down by Orchard Road.

Mad acts by local talents, musical acts, parkour and meet and greet sessions with Youtubers both local and international - amazing.

Had the honour of attending the meet & greet session for the International youtubers (Ryan Higa, Arden Cho, J-Rod Twins, David Choi etc) today. Picture isn't up yet unfortunately. According to the event pass, the meet & greet would start at 4pm and end at 6pm. Apparently, there were "sessions", and it was a quick hi and bye situation. Not exactly my idea of a meet and greet, but I guess I was just glad to be amongst such talents (?) Probably just trying to make myself feel better. It's working.....slightly.. just, slightly...


At least I got to hi-five one of my inspirations; Ryan Higa +nigahiga  , and say a quick hi to +David Choi . I really, really,really wanted a selfie (and a hug even though that's pushing it), but sigh.

I did leave with a signed poster, and I got myself the last "teehee" cap from Ryan's (yup, totally on a first name basis right now) merchandise line. $30 well spent since I really needed a snapback anyway.

Oh, and I made a couple of new friends while we were all interacting and spazzing in the queue.


Slightly blur only because my hands were shaking. Woops. The vlog is much better though. Editing that as we speak! 



Of course, my favourite dress from my Zalora haul. Despite it being leather, it doesn't stick to my skin; which is a total must have especially in Sg weather. Pairing that with my favourite pair of sneakers lately - marble grey roshe runs.

Walked down through Orchard Road - quite abit was already going on. It was more "happening" at night, definitely. I guess dim lights make everything more exciting? I don't know.

Hit up ION before the performance - window shopped, and then it was just time to get it going on with The Zadon who was looping and beatboxing to perfection. Siggggggghhhhh. He deserves to be publicized more - no really. He should. Please please follow him; check him out ! +TheZadonMusic

He is ridiculously talented.

7.30. And I dragged Abby to the front of the barrier. Freaking ready to attempt to rap like one of my favourite people from the Grizzle Grind Crew (@ggc_crew on twitter). All these years, and I finally manage to see him UP CLOSE. I watched him during SEA Games this year and i was just dying and wishing he would see me on the stadium screen (obv didn't happen), but all that's changed now ;)








I was a pile of jello right after his set ended. I could not for the life of me, walk straight. Even snakes could have slithered better. Like the stupidly infatuated fangirl I was, I couldn't even come up with the words "hi, you're amazing can we take a selfie." I think I just stopped breathing.


Yes, this happened guys. THIS HAPPENED. After forever. It's a sign, forever is worth waiting for. I COULD HAVE CRIED. AND I SO BADLY WANTED TO HUG HIM. BUT I WAS SO AFRAID I WOULD GET SNIPER SHOT FROM SOMEWHERE. skdfhksdjfhskdhgfkjsdhfgkhsdfg.

I was hyperventilating like crazy after that. Koi could not calm me down. And it continued because he started favouriting my tweets and liking my instagram photos (and he's still doing that) and I'll never get over today, probably. Ever.

BUCKET FUCKING LIST YO.

Let 2k15 end right now, cause it'd be perfect.

Hi Shigga Shay. Your voice, in my head, in my heart always. Always. I hope you see this, and I hope you know oh dear god, your determination to just get up and go, it's motivating so many young talents. I wish i wasn't a completely blubbering idiot when I took this photo, but so many emotions were going through my head, and I just ... for lack of a better word.. died. Please continue to do what you do. Passion drives people to do the craziest things. In the end though, there ain't no such thing as regrets. 

Basically, you made my year. Not even my day. YEAR.

Okay, breathe.

Charlie Lim was equally melt-worthy. No words can describe the peace that went through my mind just sitting there listening to him, and watching the crowd unite together to feel his thoughts.

Music. So many forms, one objective. Togetherness. :')

Taking a music module, and being so involved with music through my freelancing has made me feel so much closer to local acts, talents of all sorts and it has opened my eyes to the greatness this small place I call home has to offer.

Stay tuned to my upcoming vlog guys. It definitely won't do justice to what I experienced first hand, but it'll bring you guys closer to the growing culture here.

That's good enough.

Hope ya'll had a worthwhile weekend. Love x






No comments:

Post a Comment